Who’s net worth on the top? Who’s on the spot one? Well, here is the list of world’s richest people in 2013.
A Mexican business tycoon and philanthropist was on the first spot for 2013 world’s richest people. Carlos Slim Helu is currently the Chairman and CEO of telecommunications companies Telmex and America Movil and has extensive shares in different Mexican companies.
Bill Gates the Microsoft founder stays on the second spot and stills consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest man and hold the most number of Top 1 wealthiest people in the world since 1995.
And for the third spot Amancio Ortega surpassed Warren Buffett as the world’s third richest person with an estimated net worth of $57 billion compared to Buffet’s $53.5 billion. Ortega is a Spanish fashion entrepreneur and founder of Zara, Zara was known for its clothing and accessories retailer that based in Arteixo, Galicia.
The complete list of 2013 Top 10 Richest People in the world is posted below.
Rank | Name | Net worth | Business/Source | Country
- 1. Carlos Slim Helu & family | $73 Billion | Telecom | Mexico
- 2. Bill Gates | $67 Billion | Microsoft | United States
- 3. Amancio Ortega | $57 Billion | Zara | Spain
- 4. Warren Buffett | $53.5 Billion | Berkshire Hathaway | United States
- 5. Larry Ellison | $43 Billion | Oracle | United States
- 6. Charles Koch | $34 Billion | Diversified | United States
- 6. David Koch | $34 Billion | Diversified | United States
- 8. Li Ka-shing | $31 Billion | Diversified | Hong Kong
- 9. Liliane Bettencourt & family | $30 Billion | L’Oreal | France
- 10. Bernard Arnault & family | $29 Billion | LVMH | France
The list of world’s richest people in 2013 is credited to Forbes and net worth calculated as of March 2013.